Welcome to the Metz Carillon tour request portal! To request a tour, please send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- The number of people who will be attending the tour (max 20 per group)
- A couple dates & times during which you’d be available for the tour
- Any music you think it would be cool to hear on the carillon. It could be a specific song or a general style of music. We can’t promise we’ll be able to fulfill your request, but we like to play what people want to hear as much as we can!
Once your email is received, someone from the IU carillon studio will respond to set up a tour time with you!
Here are a couple other important bits of information regarding tours:
- There is no elevator to the carillon, so visitors must be able to climb stairs.
- The stairway to the playing cabin has clear views to the outside which may be triggering to people who have issues with heights.
- Masks are welcome but not required. If you feel ill, please stay home. We’re happy to reschedule!
- Taking pictures and videos during the tour is permitted, so long as it is not distracting.
- Tours are also available at the end of every carillon concert. Simply head to the base of the tower at the end of the concert and the performer will take you upstairs to see the instrument.