For Auditions, Sectionals, and Rehearsals
- Personal instrument (unless you have written for special permission to use an Indiana University-owned instrument).
- Percussionists must bring their own mallets and sticks.
- Tuba players and String Bass players using school instruments must bring their own mouthpieces/bows.
- Pencils for sectionals and rehearsals.
- Oboe, Bassoon students should bring 3-4 working reeds to allow for rotation during the week.
- Clarinet and Saxophone students should bring 8-10 working reeds to allow for rotation during the week.
- Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, and Baritone Saxophone students should bring 4-6 working reeds to allow for rotation during the week.
For Honors Recital Auditions (more info) – optional
- Piano accompaniment for the memorized solo to be performed
For the Spruce Residence Hall
- Extra-long twin sheets and blanket, OR a sleeping bag
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Towels, soap, toiletry items
- Medication (Bring ALL medication, including over-the-counter meds. All medication will be collected at registration by our Health Coordinator, who will monitor intake during the week)
- Casual Dress (including comfortable shoes)
- Dressier Clothes (for all concerts)
- Swimsuit and Towel (optional ,for Pool Party)
- Rain Attire (an umbrella is highly recommended)
- Spending Money (around $60 is suggested for snacks, dining out, music-related items, souvenirs, or the optional recreational activities available to students during the Clinic’s “Night at the Union.”)
For Finale Concert
- White shirt (short- or long-sleeved)
- Dark slacks or dark skirt (must be knee-length or longer)
- Dark shoes
- Dark socks to wear with slacks