Internship Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with collection maintenance projects (for adult and children’s collections)
- Create original website content of interest to an adult audience
- Help with planning of recurring reading programs (summer/winter)
- Provide occasional reference service to library patrons
- Aid in setup and implementation of library programs (including the complete development and run of one program created by intern)
- Produce informational displays
- Maintain the library’s magazine collection
- Perform occasional public desk duties
- Other tasks as needed or as developed from intern’s professional library interests
8-12 hours per week, as determined by course credit requirements
Internship is open to students currently enrolled in a library science program and are eligible to receive course credit for an internship. Preference given to students who have already completed at least one semester of classes.
This is an unpaid internship. Course credit may be granted through the student’s institution.
If interested in completing an internship at WLPL, please contact librarian Ashley Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.