Summary of Position: This part-time, student academic position reports to the library’s Educational Development Librarian and requires the candidate to help coordinate and manage a large assessment project. Graduate Assistant will coordinate with campus staff, faculty, librarians, and students to ensure the project progresses. This is a year-long grant-funded project with data collection in the fall of 2017 and data analysis in spring 2018. This position would help with managing the project including the collection of data and coordination of rubric analysis of student work.
- Coordinate communications with research partners and participants.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with research partners, volunteers and participants, including arranging meals and hospitality.
- Assist with data management and analysis, including data input.
- Collect and aggregate information for inclusion in summary grant reports.
- Carry out general administrative duties and assist the Educational Development Librarian as needed.
Qualifications: Must be current IU or IUPUI graduate student enrolled in 6 credit hours per semester. The ideal candidate will possess good interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail and work well with a wide variety of people. Experience with assessment measures a plus (e.g., rubrics, surveys). Fluency with Microsoft Office Software Suite required.
This is an ideal opportunity for a student pursuing a graduate degree in Library and Information Science, Education, or Public Affairs who wants to learn more about research and assessment in Higher Ed.
A commitment for one academic year is required (August 2017-May 2018) with a potential summer re-appointment during June-July 2018. Internship credit may be available for this position, if needed. The position is 15 hours per week and pays a monthly stipend of $721.80. Student health insurance and fee remission is also provided.
To apply go to https://pthe.ulib.iupui.edu/. Please fill out the application and include a resume and a cover letter.
Application deadline: August 28, 2017