“Data Reuse for Local Community” project (PI: Dr. Ayoung Yoon, Co-PI: Dr. Andrea Copeland) is seeking an enthusiastic student research assistant who will be assisting various project and research activities. The goal of this 3-year-project is to support community members’ data reuse by facilitating their connection with existing resources and data infrastructure in order to create equitable access to the vast stores of data being collected about their communities. The project focus is public libraries and at the end of project period the team will be developing educational resources for public librarians to work with community members and support community’s data needs.
This is an IMLS funded project, and the RA will receive:
- Part time student tuition (9 credit hours) support (*Note that the tuition support does not include this fall semester, as the project start date is Oct 2017).
- Stipend for part-time student effort (10 hours per week) $10,200 annually
- Half of student insurance benefit ($1,514)
A graduate student research assistant will contribute 10 hours per week effort and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Help with project management
- Communication with subjects and email solicitation
- Transcription final check
- Literature search
- Initial data analysis
Ideal candidates should have
- Strong interests in the topics on data reuse, data curation, open data, and public libraries (particularly regarding community engagement, community support).
- Some experiences in research (preferred) or strong interests in research
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to be on-time
This RAship will start Oct 2017, and the position will be one year (Oct 2017 to Summer 2018), with potential to be extended up to 3 years depending on the performance.
Interested students should email their (1) resume and (2) cover letter to Dr. Ayoung Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sept 24, 2017. If you have any question about this position, please email to email@example.com