Peer coaches are undergraduate students who can help you get “ahead of the curve” in your first year. Your peer coach can assist you with:
- Developing good time-management skills.
- Study strategies.
- Setting goals to achieve academic success.
- Brainstorming ways to get involved and gain experience.
- Preparing for your academic advising appointments.
- Connecting with campus resources and learning how to navigate your IU experience.
Schedule an appointment here by searching under “All Advisors” for “Peer Coach”.
OR drop-in hours are available!
- Maxwell Hall
- Monday, Wednesday – Thursday: 11am-5pm
- Tuesday: 12-5pm
- Friday: 11am-3pm
- Wells Learning Commons
- Monday-Thursday: 6-9pm
- These are only the drop-in ours for Fall 2019!
- Drop-in hours are not available on breaks (when class is not in session).
Peer Coaches also offer workshops and help students at various events throughout the school year. Below you’ll find a list of upcoming events.
- Exploring Majors and Careers
- Attend this small group coaching workshop with peer coaches to begin a conversation about what is most important to you for your IU education and future career. Learn about resources to explore your major and career options and get prepared to continue the conversation with your academic advisors and career coaches. This workshop is also appropriate for students who are in the process of selecting an alternative major.
- Tuesday, October 15th @ 7-8pm
- Wednesday, October 16th @ 7-8pm
- 4-Year Planning with iGPS
- “Success doesn’t just happen. It’s planned for.” Learn to make your 4-year plan using iGPS Plan. Become the expert on your degree by using the same tool your advisor uses: the Academic Advisement Report (AAR). Begin to build confidence navigating IU’s degree planning tools, including Degree Maps and Academic Bulletins.
- Tuesday October 29th @ 7-8pm
- Wednesday October 30th @ 7-8pm
- Enrollment Shopping Cart Party
- Set up your enrollment shopping cart for next semester’s classes with help from the IU Peer Coaches. Use iGPS to search courses, build your schedule, and validate your courses so that when your enrollment date comes, you will be ready! Don’t forget to meet with your academic advisor first to discuss what courses you need for next term.
- Tuesday November 12th @ 6-9pm
- Wednesday November 13th @ 6-9pm