Update IU Blogs Site Owner
An IU Blog site owner is the primary contact for their site. This includes receiving communications from the IU Blogs Administrators and the Digitial Strategy Initiative.
The site owner is determined by the person who created the site and must be manually changed by a site administrator. The site owner does not change automatically when a person leaves IU or changes positions.
The following outlines the process for updating an IU Blogs site owner.
- A site administrator changes the site owner’s email address in the IU Blogs site settings.
- The new site owner will receive an email from IU Blogs marked [external] with a confirmation link.
- The previous site owner will receive a notification email when the new site owner clicks the confirmation link. The change process is now complete.
The following steps and images describe the process for updating the site owner’s email address. This example assumes we want to change the site owner from “firstname.lastname@example.org” to “email@example.com.”
- Navigate to your IU Blogs site. In this example, the site is the IU Blogs Demonstration Blog.
- Click “Dashboard” from the “My Sites” menu.
3. Click the “Settings” link in the left column menu.
4. Change the email address in the “Administration Email Address” text field to the new site owner’s Indiana University email address.
5. The new site owner will receive an email requiring them to click a confirmation link. Until this is done, you will see a notice that “There is a pending change of the admin email.”
6. Refresh the page after the new site owner clicks the link in their confirmation email. The pending change notice will now be gone.
Is something not working as expected? Please send questions to the IU Blogs Administrators.