IU Blogs Documentation
IU Blogs is a multisite WordPress installation. WordPress provides Documentation on their website. Additional documentation is available on this site (blogs.iu.edu) and the IU Knowledge Base (kb.iu.edu).
Limited support is available from the IU Blogs team. Contact the IU Blogs team by going to the About IU Blogs (Edublogs) Knowledge Base article and clicking “email the IU Blogs support team.” This link will only appear when you are logged in to the Knowledge Base.
Knowledge Base Articles
- About IU Blogs (Edublogs)
- Add an RSS feed to an IU Blog post
- Request that a plug-in be added to IU Blogs
- IU domains supported for adding users in IU Blogs
- Add a podcast media file to an IU Blogs post
- Migrate an existing WordPress blog to IU Blogs
- Create a post with two or more authors in IU Blogs
- Embed audio or video from Kaltura MediaSpace in IU Blogs
Add New Users to an IU Blogs Site
IU Blogs requires all users to authenticate with IU Login. Users are added to the IU Blogs system when they log in for the first time. Site Administrators will not be able to add new users to their site until the potential new user first logs in to IU Blogs. Please ask any potential new users to do the following:
- Navigate to https://blogs.iu.edu/.
- Click “Log In” at the top left of the website.
- Follow directions to authenticate using IU Login.
The user is now added to IU Blogs and can be added to blog sites.
Roles and Permissions
Learn more about giving users roles and permissions on the WordPress site.