Are you looking for a job that’s exciting and beneficial to your career?
The Jacobs School of Music Office of Entrepreneurship & Career Development (OECD) is planning to appoint THREE motivated JSoM students with great management, communications, and organizational skills as paid interns for the 2023-24 academic year.
>> Application Deadline is THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Members of the team work closely with OECD staff to program, manage, and produce events, develop valuable skills in design and media production, run a vibrant blog, website, & several social media platforms, and actively research activities within the music industry to provide JSoM students with resources they need.
Applications are welcome from undergraduate students with sophomore standing or higher, as well as graduate degree and diploma students. Pay is $15/hour. Students will be expected to work an average of 10-15 hours per week from mid-August 2021 to May 2021, with training and preparation meetings during July and early August.
The following information will give you an idea of the responsibilities for the available positions. A full description will be available during the interviews.
Planning, Team and Project Coordination, Business Processes, Surveys, Coordination of the Innovation Competition, Maintenance of Email Lists, etc.
- Engagement Specialist
Relationship building! Liaison with Student Organizations and Student Leaders, Liaison with Departments and Administration, Liaison with Project Partners. Project development.
- Communications Specialist
Marketing and Publicity for OECD events through Social Media, Calendars, etc. Includes Design of Digital and Printed Content.
These will be considered in context of the position you’re applying for.
- Great interpersonal skills—we’re looking for student leaders who are great team players
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral presentations)
- Experience with audio, photo, and/or video production
- Graphic design and/or web design experience (such as designing posters or managing web content)
- Administrative/office experience
- Interest in the field of career advancement and entrepreneurship
MISSION AND VISION
The OECD empowers and supports entrepreneurial, innovative thought and action among Jacobs School of Music students as they prepare for a meaningful life in the arts. The Office offers presentations, workshops, discussions, networking events, conferences, and publications on innovation and entrepreneurship. Central to these initiatives are partnerships with student groups and ensembles, Jacobs School departments, the IU Bloomington community, as well as organizations and creative individuals in the City of Bloomington and beyond.
- Weekly planning meeting
- Producing workshop events and scheduling guest speakers
- Attending OECD events and providing staff support
- Developing and managing campus awareness and promoting events
- Creating online content for the program (Facebook, Website, etc.)
- Assisting in the production of audio, photo, and video content
- Surveying fellow students and student organizations for ideas and suggestions for programming
Submit the following materials via email at email@example.com Applications are due by 5:00pm on THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2023 AT 5PM.
Interviews (via Zoom) will take place through June.
- Cover letter and résumé (a version that details your relevant work experience—not simply your performance résumé please!)
- A writing sample (from your work in a music history or liberal arts course, for instance)
- Two references (those who can speak to your work experience; include phone number and email address)
- Your class/work schedule for fall semester
- Examples of your online skills—if you’ve created a website, fan page, etc., provide links.
Examples of your media design skills (submit samples of a poster, video, podcast, photo gallery, an invitation you created, etc.)