The IU Network Science Institute (IUNI) is seeking a systems engineer who will support and collaborate with IUNI’s existing IT team and key stakeholders in the planning, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support of various systems. The database manager/developer:
- Designs, develops, and implements complicated systems that adhere to university policies and standards; evaluates, monitors, and assesses current systems to design and develop system updates/modifications and/or to resolve issues.
- Provides bug reporting and identification, test case authoring and refinement, scripting, and works closely with other technical teams to resolve highly complex and difficult problems.
- Establishes metrics and determines systems configuration to ensure optimum systems performance and security in accordance with strategy and operational goals; analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans.
- Documents systems infrastructure design decisions, issues, and resolutions, as well service disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborates with systems professionals on other teams and across the university to analyze/evaluate new capabilities and emerging technologies that could improve university systems performance.
- Researches and stays abreast of current higher education systems engineering trends; stays up-to-date on systems engineering best practices, tools, and approaches.
See the HRMS posting for full details and to apply!
To learn more about what the tech team at IUNI does, read this post.