Eight more days to go and 95% of me wants to go back home, but the remainder of the 5% wants to stay here in Paros forever.
I appreciate what this experience has done for me personally. I didn’t really know what to expect when I was coming here, but I have experienced so much, as well as thought differently about my future. Being here has made me decide to me be a food critic as well as open my own shoe store with one of my line sisters. I look forward to making that happen along with my other career goals!
My experience here has taught me how to adjust to new lifestyles. In America I never noticed the little things that I was use to and the city in general. Here I tried different Greek dishes day and night for 3 weeks, accommodated with not flushing tissue down the toilet, walking to and from places, being far away from family in addition to a different time zone, and not being in my familiar comfort zone. In America I am use to seeing foreigners being in my country, and visiting or starting a new life. So it was nice to actually live in their shoes for a while.
I have made new meals here that I will definitely try out at home! It is pasta with garlic seasoning, noodles, pasta sauce, shrimp, feta cheese, salt and pepper!
A random thought that I would like to share is that I miss having outlets every where I go and I am going to miss looking at the beach every time I go outside.