Sample Strategic Planning Passage – Blueprint 2.0 – for the 1/20/2017 meeting
- Engagement and regional development. The Regional Campuses will be engaged in the lives of their communities, regions, and the state, and support development as part of their core mission.
5A. Partner with regional governments, schools, health care organizations, businesses, and others to address critical state and regional needs.
- Each campus will prepare and at the next opportunity apply for Community Engagement Classification as determined by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Collaborate with and support K–12 education to end the need for remediation at the collegiate level.
- Collaborate with local and state public health authorities in Indiana and the Schools of Public Health on the core campuses to improve health indicators in Indiana.
5B. Offer certificate, undergraduate, and graduate academic programs that support local and regional development needs and adult learners.
- Offer co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities that serve regional needs.
- Use data-driven market or needs analyses to determine local, regional, and state needs when proposing new academic programs.
- Develop specially tailored programs as needed.
- Investigate use of competency-based models.
5C. Support, in addition to disciplinary research, faculty research based on or directed to regional needs and circumstances.
- Establish community-based, applied research laboratories at each campus for interdisciplinary study of regional needs.
- Connect students’ education to the local community through academically grounded service commitments, requiring experiential coursework and activities directed to local businesses and organizations.
5D. Create local and regional partnerships for infrastructure, educational opportunities, co-curricular activities, and regional development.
- Engage in problem-solving and innovation with community and regional partners to address regional needs.
- Lead and participate actively in community and regional development and planning organizations.
Measures of Progress and Success Community Engagement Classification
- Actions taken to prepare for or maintain the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification Service learning
- Number of students engaged in service learning projects
- Number of service learning projects