The Practicum I course this year (2022) is taught by Director April Grudi and Adjunct Instructor Lesley Snyder. The course is offered both in-person and online.
The goal of the practicum is to provide students with a safe/brave space in which they take risks and experiment with the new skills they are learning in the classroom. This experience will develop courageous and competent leaders with practical experience and strong professional networks.
Practicum I has two components: classroom learning and securing a practicum site.
- Franklin Covey: Writing for Results
- Franklin Covey: The 5 Choices of Extraordinary Productivity
- Franklin Covey: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Various LinkedIn Learning activities
Student Learning Objectives:
- Articulate ideas, thoughts, recommendations, and other communications clearly, concisely, and persuasively to business audiences and peers.
- Construct a reflective, collaborative leadership style built on self-assessment, mutual trust, transparency, and a focus on improvement that encourages teamwork and supports diversity.
- Network inside and outside of organizations to enable career advancement.
- Construct and act upon a personal career vision through self-initiative.
Learn more about Practicum Sites here! –> Practicum Experience