Career Discovery & Design is instructed during the summer semester by Kelley School of Business Career Coaches, Darbe Allison and Cindy Hosea
This is a professional skills course that is designed to help you develop the interpersonal skills and marketing mindset required to be successful in today’s job market.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Self and career exploration and learn how you can distinguish yourself in positive and genuine ways through your personal brand.
- Graduate-level resume and LinkedIn profile
- You will build your network/networking best practices
- Behavioral interviewing skills and best practices
- Career objective and identify potential employers
- Final project: outlines the recruiting plan you intend to follow during your graduate program to achieve your employment goals.
The Career Discovery & Design course allows students to expand their thinking on what their goals are post-graduation. The course demands that students turn this thinking into actionable steps to further their career growth.