Vail Networks does it all. A few weeks ago, we spoke to their web development team that includes the best software developers in the World. And they work with some excellent companies from the Inc. 5000 to Fortune 500 list of businesses. This week Marketing Moves decided to focus on Vail Networks and all of the impressive work they are doing because businesses need to know about what they offer and see how they can transform a company’s technology from “good” to “great.”
Vail Networks Review – Who, What, and How They Operate
Vail Networks is a digital marketing and software development firm. They offer many services, including conversion optimization, PPC campaigns, organic SEO, and complete website re-designs and complete overhauls. As if this wasn’t enough, Vail also creates custom software for growing companies. Just skimming through the Vail Networks Reviews section on their website, you can see the who, what, why, and how Vail Networks has grown so fast in such a short period.
Vail Networks’ clients win awards. From Webby Awards to eCommerce Awards, the company knows how to create great websites. Vail Networks’ customers talk highly of the on-going marketing support that they offer as well. Other services include custom software to web design and UI/UX.
Speaking of technology launches, Vail Networks has a specific process for this. It comes down to a simple three-step solution that helps customers. It starts with building. Vail Networks works with customers to build out and design the product they want to take to market. Vail Networks has experts from any number of different industries on call to help with whatever challenges your company is having. Some firms only improve a specific part of this process, but Vail Networks prides themselves on being a full-service firm where their clients can have any problem addressed.
Vail Networks Helps Businesses Create Web and Mobile Technology
After building the product, the next step is to bring it to market. In the launch phase, Vail will work with your company to design and execute a marketing strategy sure to bring success. Launching the product is in many ways the most critical step. If a product poorly launched, it can lag because consumers are not aware of it or have misconceptions. Worse, a slow or ineffective start can jeopardize the product’s long-term success as consumers come to see it as unreliable or inferior to other choices. Vail makes sure that this doesn’t happen.
After a successful launch, Vail Networks strives to ensure continued success with their clients by boosting the product into the mainstream. How? Vail Networks launches a dedicated digital marketing campaign to promote the product and educate consumers. Vail Networks has worked in many different industries, everything from Dermatology Marketing to Managed IT Support. Marketing Moves has heard directly from clients who have told us that they are capable of helping companies within any industry to acquire new leads and customers and build the sort of technology they need.
This has not gone unnoticed. Vail Networks has a waitlist of customers that want to work with them. The business development team mentioned that the best way for companies to work with them is to reserve an appointment. Success is the best marketing! All of these companies on their waitlist understand one thing, and that is the importance of hiring the best software developers and web designers. Your product is the lifeblood of your company and even small differences in the quality of it can have a significant impact on how customers perceive you and your brand. After all, how many people are using a Microsoft Zune these days?
What Vail Networks does, which we found particularly interesting is that they aren’t afraid of setting big goals and exceeding them.
When we decided to interview Vail Networks for some potential web design and development projects, we not only met with 10 team members individually, we also gave them a test project to determine just how good they were.
A project with Vail Networks:
The project Vail Networks told us about was a lead generation campaign. On a current client site, emails and customer leads were trickling in, at best.
After contacting the Vail Networks team, the customer gave them their big goals:
- Increase conversion rates by 5x on our website.
- Build a digital marketing campaign to raise brand awareness.
- Launch a conversion funnel to generate more leads.
So how did Vail Networks perform?
Vail told Marketing Moves their team helped the customer reach these goals and they also exceeded expectations.
- Their conversion rates went from 2% to nearly 11% for customer emails.
- They launched a digital marketing campaign on auto-pilot that is generating major revenue, each month.
- They launched a conversion funnel that generate more leads each day they we can actually handle.
Beyond performance, the Vail Networks team was dedicated and ready to help at any hour of the day.
Helpful Guides from Vail Networks to Boost Your Business
There’s another aspect that people don’t know about Vail Networks: they also are prolific in publishing amazing guides and resources for businesses looking to build a digital marketing presence.
As an example of this, consider how much some software design and development can help a Shopify site. Vail Networks has a helpful Shopify Marketing Guide on their website. Just by running through a few quick SEO techniques Vail can help boost a website to the top of Google’s rankings. They give a list of ideas including adjusting title tags, meta description and optimizing URLs, simplifying image optimizations, and auto-generating XML sitemaps and robots.txt files. The guide includes a primer on other SEO tactics as well including keyword selection, and website speed optimization.
Site design is critical not just for SEO but for conversion rates as well. On his website, Neil Patel offers a few different case studies with useful statistics that illuminate just how effective proper design is. Starting with a well-known example, Patel discusses the early web design for the Sims 3 game. The original page was cluttered and ugly. There were four different call-to-action buttons and many links that made it messy for people that were interested in registering. There was no natural point that your eyes fell on. They changed up this page and made it much cleaner, enlarging the “Register now – FREE” call to action button and eliminating the other ones. This conversion optimization work resulted in a 128%+ increase in their conversion on the site.
Another interesting and somewhat counterintuitive example he provides comes from Daily Burn. On their initial landing page, they had a well-designed call to action button that was obvious and without too much clutter around it. However, they wanted to test how they might improve their conversion rates. They started with a simple split test and just deleted part of the page. They tried removing the section highlighting the most recent blog post. Then they deleted the extended footer. They noticed that each of these added some marginal improvement. With a lot of testing, they eliminated most of the web page and boosted their conversion rate by 20.45%.
How to Acquire More Customers and Leads for Your Business
One of the biggest challenges that any business faces: acquiring, maintaining, and building a customer list. However, we were lucky to find them.
In my interviews with the Vail Networks team – from their software developers to business development specialists – I realized one of their major selling points is their ability to help companies acquire more customers and leads. If you take a close look at the Vail Networks site (link below), you will notice that they do a significant amount of customer and lead acquisition.
Customer and lead acquisition is the most vastly underutilized digital marketing strategy for companies, small and large.
If you aren’t constantly optimizing your website, landing pages, and launching technology that people love, why even bother launching?
The strategy that Vail Networks employs for their customer acquisition and lead generation is called “Vail Boost.” At its core, Vail Boost is a system that does design and web development agile sprints where full-stack designers and developers at Vail Networks create several variations of landing pages, run A/B optimization tests, and determine which websites are converting more new customers.
The Vail Boost program is growing rapidly. Just within the past 12 months, the Vail Networks team has grown from 3 people to more than 30+ full-stack developers and designers.
With this increase in staff size, and increased demand for their services, the Vail Networks team had to create a process for delivering tech services.
Their Vail Boost team includes five-core team members: three dedicated full-stack developers, one project manager, and one digital marketing and social media lead.
The role of each core team member in Vail Networks’ process:
- Full-stack developers – they do both front-end design and back-end development. They create between 5 to 10 new designs per day, and test these new designs with the help of the digital marketing lead.
- Digital marketing lead – they set-up the social media campaigns and launch daily campaigns to test conversion rates in the process.
- Project manager – ensures quality control, works with client to determine greatest needs, and makes sure deadlines are set, and met.
Between these three central roles, the Vail Networks team is stacked with talent, well-organized, and has the ability to create rapid agile technologies for companies to grow to new heights.
No matter who you pick to help your company’s technology stack, you need to make sure that they are organized around a core-team and process for creating.
As more companies are going online with digital marketing campaigns, it is important that they – and you – realize that technology isn’t built overnight. It’s a process of iterations, tweaking, and constant refining of technology.
Five Helpful tips for businesses who are searching for web and software development:
- Interview the team. If you don’t speak to a team before hiring them, how will you know that they can meet – and exceed – your company’s expectations. Interviewing is a critical process that cannot be ignored in your search for top web design and development firms such as Vail Networks.
- Have definitive metrics. Don’t go into the web development “selection” process without being ready and able to show metrics, i.e. how many customers you currently convert from your website and mobile, and be able to explain to the potential web development firm that you expect them to beat these metrics. After all, isn’t that the point of hiring them?
- Weekly meetings. Meeting are a fact of life for professionals in the modern world. After all, Approximately 18 million events and meetings are organized in the U.S. each year. We encourage you to meet with your project manager and web development team at least once per week. Make sure that the company you are interviewing is ok with that.
- Be objective. It is hard to know compare web development firms without objective standards. For example, we recommend that you choose a firm that has worked in your specific industry before, so you can easily compare apples to apples in your search for developers and designers who can overhaul your website.
- Be patient. Know that building your website, mobile apps, and digital marketing strategies takes time. On average, you should expect a web development project to take at least 90 days, and often averages 6 months to 18 months to have an impact on your website conversion rate and customer acquisition strategy.
Utilize these five tips to build technology that people love, so that your company can survive and thrive in our digital world. These tips could easily help your business take its technology to the next level.
These are just a few examples of how this sort of design and strategy help can guide a business towards greater conversion rates and higher profit margins. How much would even a ten percent increase in your conversion rate be worth to your company? After interviewing and researching the Vail Networks team, I’m convinced they can produce some of the highest quality technology on the planet. So yes, your business should go ahead and contact Vail Networks; you won’t regret it!