2021 Auditions: Prescreen videos
Thank you for your interest in the Marching Hundred Drumline! 2021 promises to be another unprecedented year for growth in performance quality, community engagement, and new member interest.
We are conducting two video prescreens this year.
- Prescreen #1 – deadline extended to July 31. This video is for us to offer feedback and to help each prospective member be guided to the proper instrument. Scroll down for more info.
- Prescreen #2 is due August 1. It will determine who will be invited to the live audition on Sunday, August 15th.
Let’s get started!
- Complete the audition registration form below. After you submit, a link to access the music drive will display on your screen.
IU DRUMLINE AUDITION REGISTRATION FORM
- Stay in touch: CLICK HERE to join the 2021 IU Drumline Audition Slack Group. Sign up using your @iu.edu address, and turn on notifications.
- Email the IU Drumline Coach, Ben Handel, to let him know you plan to audition: email@example.com.
Video details: Videos should be well lit, with your face, feet, and hands visible, and an easily audible metronome. If you require any special accommodations to complete your prescreen, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your videos by either emailing a video, or uploading to youtube and sharing the link.
Video Prescreen 1: deadline extended to July 31
8 Ate 16 – 125 bpm
AfTr8s – 112 bpm
The Trouble W/ Triples – 160 bpm
IOI (Skip 1st Ending) – 142 bpm
Kodo – 182 bpm
Kook – 118 bpm
Bass: Play snare part on exercises, Bass 1 on Pregame and Cadence Material
Cymbals: Play Part 1 on the E space and the unison notes on the D and B lines
Video Prescreen 2, due August 1
Give us a 30 second introduction of your name, major, age, and experience.
Short Short Long – 160 bpm
Olympians – 136 bpm
Hoosier Wipeout – 82 bpm
Fight! (Skip 1st Ending) – 140 bpm
Basso at 118 bpm
Fat Luke at 118 bpm
Bass: Choose part 1 or 3 to learn for prescreen video #2
Cymbals: Play Part 1 on the E space, and the unison notes on the D and B lines