Registration | How to Apply | Financial Aid/Discounts | Refund Policy
Summer 2023: May 7 – August 20
To register for the Summer 2023 session, click here and scroll down to the white “Register for summer” button near the bottom of the page.
The Young Pianists summer term will start Sunday, May 7, 2023, and will accept applications on a rolling basis. By mutual agreement of parent and teachers, students may start the 6-week term at any point and start/stop at any time as long as all 6 hours of lessons are concluded by Sunday, August 20, 2023. If a continuing student’s regular teacher is unavailable during the summer, please contact Dr. Elizabeth Yao; she will attempt to arrange a substitute instructor for the summer term.
Lessons will take place in the Music Addition, Merrill Hall, or Music Practice Building. Please see the Jacobs Academy Plan Your Visit page for location and parking information.
* New students: Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Yao for a teacher assignment before registering. Pay only the $15 registration fee at this time pending teacher availability.
- Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 812-855-9009 during 10:30am-3pm EDT
All private lesson times are by arrangement with the student’s private instructor.
Click here and scroll down to “Costs” and “How to apply” for more information on registration.
The Jacobs Academy offers need-based financial aid. Please click here and scroll down to “Need-based financial aid” for information on how to apply.
Please Note: The Non-Refundable Registration Fee of $15 is not included in the price of tuition. This must be paid at the time of application to be considered registered. Please do not pay the full tuition fee online until you have been informed that your child has been assigned an instructor. Pay only the $15 registration fee.
All private lesson times are by arrangement with the student’s private teacher. In case of insufficient openings, students will be placed on a waitlist. Late registrations may be accepted depending on faculty availability. Newly enrolling students should contact Dr. Elizabeth Yao (email@example.com) regarding teacher availability before registering.
How to Apply
STEP 1. Parents of newly enrolling students should contact Dr. Elizabeth Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding teacher availability before registering. Please include the following information.
- Your child’s name and age
- Has your child ever taken formal piano lessons before? If so, for how long?
- Do you have an acoustic piano or an electric keyboard on which your child can practice every day? (If not, we can provide recommendations.)
- What are the days/times that your child is available for lessons? (For example, Monday 5-7pm, Tuesday 3-6pm, etc.)
- Is there any other information that you think would be helpful in finding an instructor that’s a good fit for your child’s personality and learning style?
STEP 2. Scheduling: To apply, please complete the online registration form after emailing email@example.com with the information above. No auditions are required for enrollment. Late registrations may be accepted depending on faculty availability. All private lessons are arranged with the student’s private teacher. In case of insufficient openings, students will be placed on a waiting list
STEP 3. Payment: Accepting payment via credit card or check. (If paying by check, please mail to the IU Conferences address listed in your confirmation email when you complete registration.)
Answers to frequently asked questions may be found here.
Financial Aid and Discounts
- Jacobs Academy Need-based Financial Aid (scroll down to “Need-based financial aid”)
- Artistic Merit Award
- Courtesy Discounts for Multiple Siblings or Classes
Click here and scroll down to “Refund and cancellation policy.”