Auditions for some instruments (usually piano, violin, viola, cello) will usually be held the first day of classes in fall; contact Prof. Dzubay if you are interested. Other instruments are assigned through the regular orchestra audition process.
- email David Dzubay (email@example.com) to schedule an audition (please wait until the week before classes to do this).
- updated audition materials will be available here for download one week before classes. (current postings might not be used)
- auditions consist of a couple excerpts made available below, two contrasting passages (about 1-2 minutes each) from your own repertoire (preferably 20th or 21st century), and sight-reading.
- Piano Excerpts
- Violin Excerpts
- Viola Excertps
- Cello Excerpts
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Indiana University New Music Ensemble, which is a ‘major ensemble,’ thus fulfilling the ensemble requirement, please do the following:
- Check the concert dates for the season.
- Recording sessions often friday after
- Dress Rehearsals usually Monday and Wednesday before.
- Inform your applied teacher of your interest.
- Inform David Dzubay of your interest (JS311, 855-5833, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VERY IMPORTANT!: Do not sign up for any classes during our rehearsal time, 12:30-2:30, MWF!
Woodwinds (1111), Brass (1111), Harp: assigned by performance faculty through orchestral auditions.
Percussion (2): assigned by Percussion faculty.
Pianos (2): assigned by David Dzubay, with occasional auditions.
Strings (2111): assigned by a combination of the performance faculty and David Dzubay, with occasional auditions the first day of classes.