The Jacobs School of Music Community Engagement Initiative improves quality of life throughout rural Indiana through meaningful arts engagement. We encourage Jacobs faculty and students to use their unique abilities to discover and deploy solutions for problems facing rural communities. Through collaborative programming, projects and performances, we create impact that aligns directly with the needs, aspirations and vision of our partner communities.
What’s the Latest?
Keep up with our latest projects, collaborations, and the accomplishments of our students and community partners on our news page! Don’t forget to check back regularly for our newest partnerships and ventures.
Get up to speed with our most recent posts!
- Choral Clinics in Huntingburg: Singing Hoosiers + Southridge High School
- Classical Connections Jumpstart Virtual Lessons with Paoli and Brown County
- Bloomington Ballet Ensemble Wraps a 4-Week Virtual Session Working with Washington County Family YMCA
- Fifth House Ensemble to Continue Collaboration with JSoM Community Engagement Initiative
Learn more about our requirements for funding opportunities! Have a project or research idea? Send it to us through the interest form and let’s start a conversation.
2019-2020 Year in Review
- Explore our portfolio of past projects.
- Interested in launching your own? Let us know in the form at the bottom of this page!
- Review the 2019-2020 JSoM/CRE Impact Report.
- Check out our Upcoming Projects.
Our Home Base
The Jacobs School of Music’s Office of Entrepreneurship and Career Development supports students as they prepare for innovative, creative, and successful lives in the performing arts.
Our Campus Partner
The IU Center for Rural Engagement (CRE) improves the lives of Hoosiers through collaborative initiatives that discover and deploy scalable and flexible solutions to common challenges facing rural communities. Working in full-spectrum community innovation through research, community-engaged teaching and student service, the center builds vision, harnesses assets and cultivates sustainable leadership structures within the communities with which it engages to ensure long-term success.
- IMPROVE the lives of the people living in Indiana.
- DISCOVER and deploy solutions to the problems facing rural communities.
- BUILD durable and robust partnerships with regional communities while supporting or complementing the efforts of other regional organizations.
- WORK with our partners to develop a sense of shared future in the region.
- EDUCATE and mobilize an IU student volunteer force to serve the needs and support the goals of rural communities.
- DEMONSTRATE how a research university’s broad resources can improve the well-being of Indiana and the lives of those who live here.
Have an idea for a project or collaboration? Questions? Let us know here!