Indiana University Composers:
NME will be available to read works-in-progress during both fall and spring semesters on an ad hoc basis. If you have an ensemble piece you are writing and want to try out a passage or the whole thing, be in touch with David Dzubay. Composers should bring their own recording device to the session, in AHGR (M005).
MAXIMUM INSTRUMENTATION: 1111-1111-2pc,hp,2pn-2111
MINIMUM INSTRUMENTATION: 7 instruments
DATE of READING/RECORDING: ad hoc
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO DDZUBAY AND INCLUDE:
1. instrumentation (in above format)
2. percussion list
3. duration of what you want to be read
4. pdfs of score and one sample part
HARD COPIES OF 2 SCORES AND ALL PARTS DUE: five days ahead of reading, to David Dzubay – leave at the mailroom.
– parts MUST be neat, legible, accurate, double-sided, bound, etc.
– include measure numbers at the start of every system
– it is preferable to also include rehearsal letters or numbers
– account for page turns
– include cues as needed