When it comes to developing a mobile app for your online based business, having an idea is not just enough. The bridge between coming up with a mobile app idea and actually starting to build one is CONCRETE, THOROUGH AND HARD HITTING MARKET RESEARCH.
You can’t just dive into the pool of mobile app development without doing hard hitting, effective and optimized market research. That’s because market research marks the foundation of your entire mobile app project. Just like a building cannot sustain without a strong foundation, similarly it’s near to impossible to make a mobile app idea a market hit without concrete market research.
Let me tell you why researching the market is so important when it comes to creating a hit mobile app.
Mobile app market research revolves round 5 key aspects of creating a successful mobile app. Researching the market to –
- Determine the need of your product in the market.
- Figure out the core strength of your product.
- Formulate the most effective business plan.
- Devise the most optimized marketing strategies.
- Formulate the most effective social media strategies.
When it comes to determining the need of your mobile app product in the market, market research helps a lot. Let’s say you have an idea but you don’t know whether or not people need your idea in the form of an app or not. To know that you have to research out the market. You have to ask questions to the available market audience to know about their –
- Everyday problems.
- Needs and expectations.
- Way of living
- Specific requirements.
For that you have to take help of surveys, focus groups, etc. and ask these people questions to find out –
- Whether or not their needs, expectations, specific requirements synchronize with your idea or not.
- If those people can be your potential target audience.
If you are able to get answers to the above in the most relevant way possible, then surely there exists a section of audience which needs your idea in the form of a mobile app.
After you have done the market research to find out the need for your app, it’s time to research the market to determine the strength of your product’s core. For this first you have to figure out the top market competitors and their strong areas. You need to find out how they are excelling and in which areas they are excelling. After that you have to do your own SWOT analysis and figure out your idea’s –
One you are done with this you can determine how strong your app idea’s core is and how you can make it into a hit mobile app. Now comes the most important phase of Mobile App Market Research – Researching the market to figure out what are the business models of competitors and how should you create yours.
This is the most critical stage of Mobile App Market Research because it’s related to the creation of a business model for your app based business. If you mess up at this stage, you are surely going to be doomed. So what you have to do is follow a systematic approach to create the most effective business plan and model for your upcoming app based online business.
Never compromise on the front of market research because it may cost you huge in the long run.
Once you are done with the above stages of Market Research for your Mobile App Project, it’s time to focus on doing market research for formulating the best marketing strategies as well as social media strategies. Let me take you through both of them.
Marketing strategies comprises of things like –
- Where do you want to promote/market your app?
- How do you want to promote/market your app?
- When do you want to promote/market your app?
- Do you need an in-house marketing team or an external marketing agency to help you with your marketing related campaigns?
- How much money you are planning to spend on your marketing related aspects?
All these come under Mobile App Market Research to figure out what kind of marketing or promotion strategy you want to develop for your app. You have to research the market and keep an eye on fellow competitors to figure out what they are doing and what exclusive you should do.
When it comes to formulating social media strategies and doing Mobile App Market Research to figure out – How to turn the face of social media to the advantage of your mobile app based business, what you have to do is figure out –
- Which social media platforms works best for you?
- What should be your content calendar?
- What type of content you will post on social media?
- Will you adopt the organic strategy, paid strategy or a combination of both?
- What will be your frequency of posting each type of content?
- How will you increase your social media follower base?
Figuring out the optimized answer to the above will give you the sure answer of how to best use social media to your advantage.
Without researching the fellow competitors, and how they do everything, it’s nearly impossible to come up with your own concrete and hard-hitting market research. Researching about the competitors will help you to know what they are doing in the market with their app and how are they doing it. Then you can derive your own exclusive strategies be it whatsoever to stay ahead of the competition.
A concrete market research is the foundation of your mobile app based business. So no compromise is to be done in this case because – it can either make or break your app and your online business.