Mobile developers are often asked how much it will cost to implement an idea. For example, to make an analogue of “Uber” or “Bumble”. With such a formulation of the question, it is difficult to assess the upcoming labor costs, which creates a large spread in prices among different developers and distrust on the part of the customer.
Another problem is the lack of elaboration of the idea. The customer often thinks how do free apps make money and sees the general concept of the application, but poorly presents the details. This leads to unnecessary costs for discussing and rewriting requirements.
How much will the development cost?
Each more or less large project consists of several components: the application itself, the website, the database, the control panel. How costly each component will come out depends on your needs, the uniqueness of the task and the specifics of the business.
What are the stages of development?
Application development is not limited to writing code. Read what happens after your idea falls into the hands of the developer:
- Planning and evaluation – customer documentation, drawing up a work plan;
- Analytics – identifying requirements and how to implement them;
- Design – drawing screens, preparing materials for layout, icons, screenshots for stores, creating interactive prototypes;
- Development – layout, API development, connection (sometimes integration with third-party services);
- Testing – checking all possible usage scenarios in various conditions;
- Release – publishing the app in App Store and Google Play;
- Maintenance – support and development of the project after release.
When can I find out the exact cost and terms?
As a rule, an accurate assessment can be obtained already at the stage of analytics. At this point, your idea is detailed to specific requirements, the implementation of which can be measured in man-hours.
The development of requirements may take from several days to several weeks, depending on the complexity of the project.