At 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 22, the Indiana University Office of the Vice President for Research and Office of the Vice President for Government Relations and Economic Engagement will host the first in a series of IU Quarry webinars. This free webinar will help IU faculty, staff and students who have started a company — or are considering it — prepare for venture capital investment.
Fred Cate, IU vice president for research, will introduce a panel moderated by Dr. Michael J. Mirro, chairperson of the IU board of trustees and medical director of Parkview Research Center. The currently scheduled panelists are:
- Mike Asem, partner at M25
- Scott Dorsey, managing partner at High Alpha
- Ting Gootee, chief investment officer at Elevate Ventures
- Kent Hawryluk, partner at Twilight Venture Partners
- Teri Willey, executive director of IU Ventures, and fund manager, IU Philanthropic Venture Fund LLC and Innovate Indiana Fund LLC.
“The hourlong webinar, Priming Faculty Startups for VC Investment, is an opportunity for faculty interested in startups to get firsthand guidance on what to expect and to ask questions that might help guide their journey in taking their innovations from lab to market,” said Willey.
Register for the webinar online.