The new-age business success mantra is – Behind every successful brand story, there is a great digital marketing strategy. Nowadays, it is necessary for every entrepreneur to not just have an online identity but also stay active and relevant there. It is no longer sufficient to just have an appealing web design for online consumers, now a company needs a full-fledged digital marketing team that can design and develop the brand identity online.
Digital marketing has changed the rules for every business, no matter what their size is. While the medium and technology are dynamic and ever-changing, there are a few golden rules of digital marketing that can benefit every business, especially the ones running on limited resources and funds.
- Never compromise on high-quality content
According to a research, content marketing will grow up to be a USD 300 billion industry by next year. Original high-quality content is the best way to improve audience engagement, tell a great brand story, strengthen brand presence and drive sales. Your content marketing strategy should be as unique as the nature of your audience. Make sure that you are consistent with your messages. Also, since most of your audience will be visuals learners, you have to team your information with relevant images and videos.
- Know your audience and evolve accordingly
Attending to you audience through digital listening tools forms the basics of your online marketing strategies. Listening helps in driving innovation, which in turn keeps you ahead of the competition. By listening to the demands and likes of your consumers, you will be able to design products and services that will skyrocket your business to success.
- Build credibility of the brand
Just knowing your audience profile is not enough to establish credibility of your brand. You have to utilise that information to build meaningful relations with your ideal buyers and related businesses. Be the brand they can relate to and trust. Promote and host content on your social media channels that builds your credibility in the online community. Your email campaigns should be relevant, informative and useful to the receiver, instead of landing in their spam folder.
The 80/20 rule, also known as the Pareto law, states that 20% of the effort produces 80% of the value. To put this rule in perspective, your digital marketing strategy will yield positive results if you use just 20% of content to promote your brand directly and keep the other 80% for engaging with your audience using interesting and personal experiences. If your followers are entertained and impressed, you will get their attention and they will listen to what you tell about your brand.
- Be really clear about your direction
It is important for you to make sure that no matter what medium you chose, the message that you send across to your ideal buyer has a consistent and clear message. When you clearly define who you are and what you are trying to do, your customer would feel more comfortable about trusting you and the information that you will send across in the future.
For contribution enquiries, please email us.