To see all details about this new part-time position open to current student applicants and working with the Department of International Affairs, see the official IU job posting.
The Global Sustainability Ambassador for the Office of the Vice President for International Affairs (OVPIA) will work within the Campus Internationalization, Partnerships, Global Gateways, and Marketing and Communications teams at OVPIA to actively engage with the IU community across all campuses and promote student learning opportunities related to the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The student ambassador will focus on the following duties:
- Develop and implement strategies to involve students across campus in the SDGs;. Connect with students/groups to build awareness of and involvement with SDGs at IU.
- Identify and catalog research, teaching, and service activities, support the gathering of stories that demonstrate the impact of SDG work, and assist with developing metrics and narrative on IU’s efforts.
- Support OVPIA in communicating with the IU community about SDG work and disseminating opportunities related to one or more SDGs.
- Assist with the logistics of organizing online, on-campus, or hybrid events and meetings on SDGs, including our annual Global Partners Research Forum for the IU community and international partners.
- Collect good practices from other universities and institutions about organizing SDG efforts.
What the student will learn in this position:
- Students will have the opportunity to practice clear, professional written communication to parties within and outside the office. They will develop best practices to record, update, and keep information organized for the use of others within the office.
- Students will gain knowledge of event planning and the process of implementing a new storytelling initiative from beginning to end.
- Students will learn how to stay organized and manage their time effectively by balancing various administrative tasks in an office setting.
- Currently enrolled as a student at Indiana University.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with online graphic design tools (e.g., Canva, Adobe Spark).
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable networking and building relationships across various units.
- Interested in environmentalism, sustainability, and international affairs.