Talk to Over 100 Law Schools.
A must-attend event for any prelaw student! Wednesday Oct. 28 6–9 p.m. EDT as we welcome more than 100 law schools from around the country!
Admissions representatives will be in attendance to talk about the education their school can offer students, discuss admissions criteria, and answer your questions. Hosted by the Midwest Association of Prelaw Advisors (MAPLA), this free event is open to all IU students and alumni, regardless of major or year in school.
- Registration Link: https://grinnell.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/19358/student_preview?token=h1dPE-OOLUGBDU2fIfdCeLTiOm6rPhl5jTsP_OwkY2Wn9MyMrKsIYA
How to Participate:
- Use your Handshake account to register up until and including the day of the event (we highly recommend registering in advance)
- Sign up for school-specific 30 min. group sessions and 10 min. 1-to-1 appointments
- On the event page, go to the “Available Sessions” tab. You can also search for a specific law school using the search box. After you have signed-up for a session, it will be added to the “Your Sessions” tab.
- Participate via live video during the event
- Log in to Handshake and click on this event under “Your Schedule“. Go to the “Your Sessions” tab. To join your Expo sessions, click on the “Join Video” link next to each session.
- Once the session has started you will not be able to enter – be sure you are not running late!
How to Prepare:
- Use the LinkedIn Profile Checklist to build a profile that will help law schools get to know you better.
- Visit the following resources to learn more about the platform and how to navigate a virtual fair:
- Check out the IU Health Professions & Prelaw Center (HPPLC) webpage for additional information about preparing for a virtual fair.
During the Law Expo:
- Ask a Pre-Law Advisor Room: If you have prelaw related questions or are having difficulty connecting to your sessions, use this WebEx meeting link to chat with us behind the scenes during the fair (6–9 p.m. EDT) and we will do our best to answer your questions. For technical issues with your Handshake account, contact Handshake Support.
We’ll see you October 28th!
QUESTIONS? Contact HPPLC directly at email@example.com or call 812-855-1873.
WANT TO MEET WITH A PRELAW ADVISOR? Schedule an appointment through SAS. Search for “prelaw.”