Are you looking for volunteer opportunities to add to your resume that are also relevant to your studies? See some of the accessible volunteer opportunities within Bloomington right here!
Volunteering may not only round out a resume but also create a break in your academics that would also give back to the community. Some volunteer options that may interest majors in our areas include:
- Hospice Volunteer
- Provide companionship such as reading, listening, singing, or simply having conversation. We are looking for compassionate individuals who will sit with patients and provide support in their final moments. This opportunity is flexible and you visit patients who are in nursing homes that are open 24/7! You make your own schedule and it is a very rewarding experience!
- Learn more about being a Hospice Volunteer here.
- Volunteer for Patient Support
- SouthernCare hospice provides care to patients and families since 1995. We provide services to families in their homes, whether that be a private home or care facility. As a SouthernCare volunteer, you would visit a patient and brighten their day. SouthernCare volunteers also participate in activities with our patients such as bingo, crafts, letter writing, reading to our patient, working puzzles, or even painting their fingernails, the options are endless!
- Learn more about being a Volunteer for Patient Support here.
- Blood Donor Ambassador
- Hint: a smile is one of the most important qualifications! Welcome donors at blood drives and assist them with the sign-in process. Help with snacks after they have donated, and make sure they have been thanked for their lifesaving contribution. Hint: a smile is one of the most important qualifications!
- Learn more about being a Blood Donor Ambassador here.
To see many more open volunteer opportunities in and near Bloomington, click here!