Take this chance to connect with employers from diverse industries who are looking for your skill-sets, experience, and knowledge and learn more about their companies, what they are looking for, and how to stand out in the hiring process.
About the Virtual Career Fair + Internship Fair
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Virtual in Handshake
We strongly recommend you research companies who will be attending prior to the event to be best prepared to converse.
During this virtual career fair, you will be able to:
- Meet with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
- Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers ahead of the fair or on the day-of.
- Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Get Assistance Before the Career Fair
Need a pep talk? Your resume looked at? Want to practice your elevator pitch? Other questions? To do drop-in career coaching, you need to request it via Facebook Messenger or by sending an email. We will be standing nearby, so you’ll get a response (and a zoom link for coaching) quickly.
Prepare to Do Your Best
Get your tech in gear:
- Update your resume and upload it to Handshake
- Set your profile visibility to “Community”
- Check your notification settings and reminder preferences
- Test your technology in advance
- Review the guide to attending a career
Please try to join your session using a laptop or desktop computer, if possible. Handshake is currently having issues with iPad users.
Increase Your Career Fair Confidence:
- Sign up for group or 1×1 sessions early
- Research the employers you will meet
- Read Handshake’s 10 steps to attending a virtual career fair
- Prep your elevator pitch
About Career Fairs in the College of Arts + Sciences
Each semester, the Walter Center hosts a career and internship fair for College of Arts + Sciences students to engage organizations in a multitude of industries. These employers seek students with unique skill-sets, experience, and knowledge that comes with obtaining a degree in the liberal arts. While most attendees are College of Arts + Sciences students, this fair is open to all Indiana University Bloomington undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni of the College of Arts + Sciences.
For a complete list of Walter Center and IU Bloomington career events, visit app.joinhandshake.com/events.
For additional career fair questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Request Disability Accommodations: The Walter Center strives to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including people with disabilities, to engage fully. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please use our Event Accommodations Request Form or contact the Walter Center’s event accessibility coordinator, Maria Cambone (she/her), at email@example.com or 815-855-8455.