Looking for a scholarship, fellowship, or internship for study abroad, summer 2021, or the academic year? These opportunities are open with deadlines from February to April, so don’t miss out!
Contact Ashlynne Bender, Associate Director of Professional Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Fogleman, Director of the Office of National Scholarships and Awards (email@example.com) for more information.
Internships and Fellowships:
- Deadline: February 10, 2021
- Fellowship of up to $10,000 to a first-year graduate student or fourth-year BA/MA student at the Hamilton Lugar School for continued studies towards a Master’s Degree in some aspect of foreign affairs.
2021 Humanity in Action Fellowship
- Deadline: February 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
- Explore current issues of democracy, pluralism, and human rights within the historical and cultural contexts of each of the program offices: Amsterdam, Berlin, Sarajevo, and Warsaw.
RFF 2021 Summer Research Internship Program
- Deadline: March 8, 2021
- The Resources for the Future summer internship program provides a paid opportunity for students to prepare for careers that engage in academic and policy-relevant research.
NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Proposal deadline: August 25, 2021
- The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Deadline: February 3, 2021
- Fund an undergraduate/graduate study abroad experience and serve a year in the Departments of State, Defense, Homeland Security, USAID, or other US government agency with a Boren Award.
Charles B Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program
- Deadline: February 9, 2021
- Six-week summer program in international affairs and career development at Howard University. Provides cost of tuition, room/board, and a stipend of $3200.
Udall Undergraduate Scholarship
- Campus Deadline: February 15, 2021
- Program provides up to $7000 to college sophomores and juniors for leadership, public service, and commitment to issues related to Native American nations or to the environment.
Gilman International Scholarship
- Deadline: March 9, 2021
- The U.S. Department of State provides awards up to $5000 for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
David E. Albright Memorial Scholarship
- Deadline: March 12, 2021
- The Albright Scholarship provides $1000 annually to a deserving HLS student with a strong interest in, and commitment to, international issues.
Taiwan Ambassador Summer Scholarship
- Deadline: March 15, 2021
- Attend virtual Chinese language and culture classes through National Cheng Kung University.
James D. Fielding Internship Abroad Scholarship
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
- Supports both undergraduate and graduate students in the Hamilton Lugar School who participate in an IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study internship as part of an educational experience.
- Deadline: April 16, 2021
- Established to assist HLS students with a record of academic excellence to pursue impactful internship experiences in the U.S. and abroad in the summer.