Wood, Richard L. and Brad R. Fulton. 2015. A Shared Future: Faith-Based Organizing for Racial Equity and Ethical Democracy. University of Chicago Press.
– 2016 Outstanding Book Award | Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
Peer Reviewed Articles and Chapters
2020 Engaging Differences: How Socially Diverse Organizations Can Mobilize Their
Resources More Effectively
– 2017 Jack Shand Research Award/Grant (for proposed project) | Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
– 2016 Association Management Research Award/Grant | American Society of Association Executives
Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Quarterly
The Nonprofit Sector: A Research Handbook, 3rd edition
edited by Walter W. Powell and Patricia Bromley. Stanford University Press
Sociology of Religion
Social Service Review
Sociology of Religion
Nonprofit Management & Leadership
– 2017 Perlmutter Best Paper Award | TIBS Section | ARNOVA
Ecology of Food and Nutrition
Journal of HIV/AIDS & Social Services
Sociological Methods & Research
– 2014 Best Paper Proceedings | Academy of Management
– Featured article in the From Pages to Practice [podcast]
Journal of Muslim Philanthropy and Civil Society
– Presented at the Center on American Muslim Philanthropy [video]
in Religion and Progressive Activism | New York University Press.
Management and Organizational Studies
– 2013 Best Student Paper Award | Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
American Journal of Health Promotion
Diverse Civic Organizations [podcast for this article]
American Sociological Review
– 2016 Clifford Geertz Best Article Award | ASA Sociology of Culture Section
– 2015 Dennis Gouran Award for Outstanding Research | National
International Journal of Public Theology.
– Reprinted in Yours the Power: Faith-Based Organizing in the USA
Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion
– 2011 Student Paper Award (2nd place) | Society for the Study of Social
Problems | Health Policy Division
Keister, Lisa A. and Brad R. Fulton. 2014. “Religion and Stratification.” International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition. Elsevier.
Richard L. Wood, Brad R. Fulton and Kathryn Partridge. 2012. Building Bridges, Building Power: Developments in Institution-Based Community Organizing. Denver, CO: Interfaith Funders.