The question related to the future occupation is especially popular for students. Nowadays they can use various sources and read about everything. Also, they can write coursework or use custom coursework writing. But we want to speak about another side of that issue.
Career – this is more than just a job or a sequence of jobs that people occupy. Career is an individually perceived sequence of relationships and behaviors associated with knowledge in the field of work performed; this is the path to success, a prominent position in society, in the service field, and also the achievement of this position. When people talk about their lives, about their careers, they often talk about where they work, how much they receive, what position they occupy. But the career is not where, how much and how you earn your money. Career is what kind of person you become when you choose a business to which you devote your time or your whole life. How will it affect you? What kind of person will you become by following the chosen path?
Why a career is so important for people?
A career in human life means a lot. The success of self-realization at work depends on self-esteem, state of mind. It also leads to material security, helps to realize talents. Career brings to life dreams, and personal aspirations promotes the development of personal qualities. A career provides opportunities for an interesting and busy life.
We begin to think about it in early childhood. But then we choose something that we just like. Years pass and children’s dreams are replaced by a mediocre choice of profession, which simply provides an elementary survival.
But how to choose the right profession that would bring pleasure? Find out what methods allow you to determine your vocation as accurately as possible and how school students can find a career path.
How school students can find a career path: practical tips
- Firstly, it should be said that it is parents who are the main people who should help the child find himself or herself in this world and maximize his or her abilities. But often it happens that many people choose a career path based on what parent advises them or the fact that they are good in some particular subject. If you have chosen a profession that suits you, do it in your own way.
- A student should be as realistic as possible about the specific type of activity. When a person is confident in his choice when he or she knows that he is doing his own thing. Therefore, the 2nd tip is to get acquainted with all the professions of interest, initially, at least through the Internet. Find and learn as much information as you can. Moreover, today there are a lot of sites with different videos, articles about professions, information about educational and training opportunities, employment trends and so on.
- Write out all professions of interest to you.
Write down everything. After you have written out all the acceptable variants, cross out the ones that for some reason you are not interested in, or it has not approached.
- Work with the psychologist.
If it is very difficult and there are no ideas that could interest you, ask for help from a psychologist. You must be aware of your type of personality (psycho-type). Because it often happens that a person decided to become a veterinarian because he or she loves animals. Nevertheless, the treatment of animals can force to act fairly rigidly, to which a person is not ready emotionally or physically.
- If the waiting for a psychologist is postponed for some reason, talk with relatives, ask them about their advantages, strengths, personal qualities and natural abilities. All this is very important in choosing a profession because people inclined to this or that kind of activity will improve much faster than those who are less gifted by nature.
- Take tests for career guidance.
Take tests to determine the future profession, which is now available online. You will need to answer questions about what you like to do and about your personal qualities. After processing the answers, you will be offered a list of professions that, according to the results of the test, are most suitable for you.
Also, try verbally to answer the following questions:
- What is really interesting to you?
- What do you do in life with enthusiasm and pleasure?
- What activities inspire you?
- In which business do you show and feel yourself enthusiastic?
- What would you do if you were spared the need to make money?
- What can be more useful than practice?
You should have some experience in the field that you have chosen because this activity can bring pleasure in the initial stages, but eventually, you will probably realize that this is not exactly what you need. A good idea is an internship, which will give more knowledge in the chosen field and will help you understand whether such work is suitable for you.