A large portion of the August DSTUG Meeting will be dedicated to a topic about which members have expressed recent interest: report accessibility. This is an important issue for IU and we’re dedicating the meeting to resources that will help you develop accessible reports that meet WCAG 2.0 guidelines. In that light, we’ve invited Kyle Gupton, Director of Product Management with Tableau, to present on Tableau’s report accessibility features. In July of this year, Kyle wrote a blog post entitled “How to create and publish accessible dashboards with Tableau.” Please take a few moments before our meeting to review the post.
- Accessibility of Reports
- Tableau Report Accessibility, a presentation by Kyle Gupton (Director of Product Management at Tableau Software)
- Discussion: Your current approach to report accessibility
(Moved to an online discussion in the DTUG Slack Workspace, #tableauaccessibility channel; see Box for directions on how to access the DSTUG Slack Workspace.)
- What general guidelines are IU report developers following for accessibility?
- Have developers focused more on public facing reports versus internal/restricted reports?
- Are developers using disclaimers with contact information if a user has trouble accessing a report?
- General discussion of report accessibility at IU—how are you delivering accessible reports?
- General Announcements
- Reports from Working Groups
Please find the slides, meeting recording, and additional resources for the August 2018 meeting on Box:
Our next meeting will be December 4, 2018, at 9 a.m. The topic for the next meeting will be what you learned at Tableau Conference 2018. Please email Richard, Ben, and Bob before November 16, 2018, with ideas for what you’d like to present!