As the internship and the final parts of the digital inventory were coming to a close, I spent my last couple of weeks at the Archives working on doing research for the grant that they plan to apply for in the spring and beginning to draft some sections of the grant application. Angela and Denise gave me some past grant applications that they had worked on and some additional information about the organization sponsoring the grant so that I could figure out how to best cater the application narrative to the organization. The mass-digitization project is meant to help transfer information off of media in the collections that is at medium-to-high risk of obsolescence. In addition, the Archives plans to hire additional student workers to help with the digitization projects and would like to use this project to make materials available to groups who don’t normally frequent the Archives, like STEM majors. I spent a good portion of my time researching how to help minority and underrepresented groups get involved and feel welcomed in archives and special collections and looking into studies published by the Society of American Archivists and the Mellon Foundation that discussed various types of diversity (or often, the lack of diversity) in the special collections and archives field. I also did some research on digital preservation strategies and obsolescence levels for digital media in order to have concrete figures in place for the grant application. I was able to get a couple pages of the narrative sections for the grant application written and Denise edited and added to the document to make it more cohesive and detailed. Hopefully, they will be able to use some of the narrative I wrote as well as the research I found when they craft the final grant application in the spring!