*For candidates with preferred management experience and interest, appointment at the Associate Head level may be considered.
The NC State University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Research Librarian for Engineering & Biotechnology* in the Research Engagement department. The department engages with faculty members, researchers, and students across the full lifecycle of research and scholarship, offering dynamic services, spaces, and technologies to enable all forms of research, discovery, and learning, and connecting faculty and graduate students with a full suite of resources for research and teaching productivity.
- Provides expert services for faculty, staff, and students across the research lifecycle including information discovery, data curation, visualization, research computing, and scholarly communication
- Identifies trends in research practices in engineering and biotechnology and recommends strategies for aligning library services accordingly
- Fosters collaboration and interdisciplinary interactions among faculty and other stakeholders by supporting and collaborating with interdisciplinary research teams
- Provides instruction on research skills and data literacy to students in the sciences and engineering and engages in ongoing development and implementation of innovative pedagogical practices
- Provides consultation on the use of scholarly resources, technologies, and the NCSU Libraries’ technology-rich spaces
- Collaborates with Collections & Research Strategy librarians in collection development and assessment activities
- In collaboration with research administration at NC State, advises researchers in evaluation of grant opportunities including meeting funder and university requirements for providing public access to publications and data resulting from research
- Participates in library planning, serves on library-wide committees, task forces, and teams
- NC State University librarians are expected to be active professionally and to contribute to developments in the field
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/ehra/rleb
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.