Please find the attached description for an internship opportunity for students interested in a reference librarian internship. Note the application deadline to apply with the library’s contact person or application site. After interviewing, the library institution makes the final decision on the appropriate candidate to hire.
Once you are hired by the library, please complete and turn in the S605 Internship Application https://soic.iupui.edu/careers/internships/lis-internships/ to both Kym Kramer, LIS intern supervisor (email@example.com), and your academic advisor as close to July 15, 2018 as possible.
Questions specific to the internship placement are directed to the institution’s contact listed in the attachment. General questions about internships are directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION FROM INTERNSHIP LOCATION:
Internship Title: Reference Librarian Intern
Department: Information Services, Main Library
Reports to: Information Services Assistant Manager
Salary: $14 per hour
Start date: August 20, 2018
Schedule: Varied schedule that may include evenings and weekends
Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
Internship Summary: We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic intern who enjoys working with a wide variety of adults and teens. The prospective candidate should be passionate about assisting all types of customers on a wide range of topics. The intern will provide reference assistance and reader’s advisory to library customers and assist customers in locating materials and utilizing electronic resources and other public equipment. The intern will also plan and conduct programs for adults in the library or at community locations. This internship will provide the prospective candidate with the opportunity to gain hands-on, practical experience in reference librarianship in a public library setting.
Internship job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Providing adult and teen reader’s advisory and reference services to customers at a public service desk.
- Assisting customers using the Integrated Library System (ILS), computers, digital media, and other public equipment.
- Assisting with all aspects of adult programs, including planning, setting up, presenting/facilitating, and cleaning up.
- Creating displays.
- Attending monthly Information Services Department meetings and Programming Team meetings, plus various staff training sessions as needed.
- Completing other related tasks and projects as directed by the Information Services Assistant Manager.
To apply or for more information contact:
Christa Cummings, Information Services Assistant Manager
Anderson Public Library
111 E. 12th Street
Anderson, IN 46016