The Indiana University Kokomo Library seeks an energetic, collaborative, and innovative librarian to provide leadership for the Library’s technical services functions and government documents collection. This position is responsible for planning, managing, supervising, and evaluating the Library’s technical services functions. Departmental liaison activities include teaching, learning and research support for assigned areas.
For a full position description, see https://iuk.libguides.com/jobdescription.
- MLS/MIS/MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of acquisitions and cataloging including Resource Description and Access (RDA), Library of Congress Subject Headings, Library of Congress Classification System, and MARC 21 Format for Authority Data
- Familiarity with integrated library system functions for technical services
- Commitment to inclusion with an understanding of the library needs of a diverse community
- Demonstrated ability to work productively, independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Collegial attitude and enthusiasm for innovation
- Commitment to professional development and service in order to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work
- Post-MLS library technical services work experience with increasing job responsibilities
- Experience working with a federal and/or state government document depository
- Excellent presentation and instruction skills and experience teaching information literacy competencies
- Supervisory experience
Interested candidates may submit an application at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/4798.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, and names of three references with their contact information. Questions regarding the position or application process may be directed to Angie Thorpe Pusnik, Digital User Experience Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of eight campuses of Indiana University, Indiana University Kokomo is a comprehensive non-residential campus located 50 miles north of Indianapolis in Kokomo, Indiana, a city with a population of approximately 55,000. Committed to student success, the campus serves approximately 3,100 students from a 14 county area in north central Indiana. IU Kokomo has approximately 260 faculty and staff, and offers Associate, Baccalaureate, and Masters Degrees. Additional information about Indiana University Kokomo may be found at http://www.iuk.edu.
Indiana University Kokomo seeks faculty skilled at working with members of diverse cultures and committed to preparing students to be engaged members of an increasingly diverse society.
Indiana University Kokomo is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. This institution is also a provider of ADA services.