Northside House of Worship seeks part-time librarian to support the educational efforts of the Early Childhood Center and the Religious School as well as the maintain an active library for congregants.
The current hours for the library are:
Sundays 9-12 when we have Religious School (about 25 Sundays during an academic year)
Thursday 9-4 (this can be modified greatly to meet a student’s schedule needs including two half days etc. as long as consistent)
The duties of the librarian are as follows.
- The job of the librarian is to run the day-to-day operation of the library, which includes but not limited to:
Checking books in and out for patrons.
- Keeping records of donations and gifts to library funds.
- Maintaining the records of circulation for the library.
- Purchasing of new books for the library or the synagogue staff.
- Support the education programs of the Early Childhood and the Religious School.
- Maintain a neat, clean and inviting library.
Requirements of the Position
- Ability to work with computer programs creating and maintaining records, publicity publications, and letters in reference to library programming and operation.
- Understanding of the Library’s organization and familiarity with software that is used to manage circulation.
- Ability to work with a variety of people, good interpersonal skills and flexibility when working with patrons.
- Must feel comfortable recruiting and supporting volunteers to the library.
- Ability to work Sunday mornings during school year.
- Either an understanding of Judaism or willingness to take instruction.
The job is one with many facets but is not an intense work environment. Activities that are part of a normal routine are:
- Story time with early childhood and helping 3-4 year olds take out books and return
- Correspond with donors to the library funds with the help of Education Director and office staff
- Research books to maintain a vibrant Jewish library keeping up with new publications
- Maintaining circulation records using Alexandria
- Assisting Religious School teachers in choosing books based on topics in their lessons.
Send resume to email@example.com or contact for more information by calling 317-253-3441 X 210