The IU Network Science Institute (IUNI) is seeking a web developer (full stack) who will support and collaborate with IUNI’s existing IT team and key stakeholders in the planning, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support of various systems:
- Develops high-performing websites and web applications, including building and implementing back-end (APIs, databases) and front end (interfaces, web-based tools) solutions.
- Consults with stakeholders and/or web administrator to review existing websites/webpages; develops new functionality and/or codes necessary web changes.
- Develops data structures, web tools and programs while taking into consideration multi-browser and mobile compatibility and performance.
- Documents website and web application development efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Tests website and web application performance and functionality, performs quality assurance checks, and fixes bugs accordingly.
- Acts as a liaison between design/creative teams and stakeholders to ensure optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security of websites and web applications.
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and maintenance of websites are up to date and compliant with university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date on new industry web standards, emerging media technology, UX/UI design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Ability to audit and perform updates to developed code systems and projects.
- Ability to contribute to related file repositories and communicate with peers to ensure project success.
- Strong understanding of related policy and standards.
- Strong ability to read and write code in HTML,CSS, JS.
- Ability to work on developed common JS frameworks and consult on UX related projects.
- Ability to integrate advanced protocol interfaces (API).
- Strong ability to code in logical dynamic language.
- Ability to write complex relational database schema.
- Ability to audit and develop systems of applications.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python or R.
- Experience with Vue.js.
See HRMS posting for full details.