Networks workshops available to all
IUNI is sponsoring a series of workshops in social network analysis and network science approaches and tools.
All workshops will be held on the Bloomington campus except for Practical Applications of Network Neuroscience, which will be at the IU School of Medicine. There are also Zoom participation options for all workshops.
Workshops are free, but registration is required. Workshops are aimed at the graduate and post-graduate level. These high-quality skill-building workshops, each from 1 to 4 hours long, range from introducing network analysis to highly specific applications. Any suggested prerequisites are listed in the descriptions linked below.
- Introduction to Social Network Analysis: Getting Started, 12/1, 3 – 5 PM (*)
- Game Theory and Network Models, 1/28, 1 – 5 PM (*)
- Introduction to statnet (and igraph) for Social Network Analysis, 2/17, 1 – 4 PM
- Introduction to Network Analysis in Python with networkx, 2/25, 10 AM – noon (*)
- An Introduction to Network Visualization, 3/10, 1 – 5 PM (*)
Applications and advanced topics
- BiRank (Python and R package), 11/18, 3 – 4 PM (*)
- Inferring Effective Networks from Time Series Using Information Theory, 1/19, 3 – 5 PM (*)
- Network Analysis for Humanists with Net.Create (IUNI + IDAH + SSRC/WIM Workshop), 2/11, 1 – 5 PM
- Practical Applications of Network Neuroscience, 3/4, 1 – 5 (*)
- Can We Use Climate Networks to Predict the Next Big Heat Wave?, 4/1, 1 – 4 PM (*)
- Conducting Science of Science Research on the CADRE Platform, 4/13, 1 – 3 PM (*)
(*) denotes that a workshop is open to outside participants (i.e., those not faculty, staff, or students at the several campuses of Indiana University) via Zoom.
IUNI services to assist faculty
Are you putting together a proposal that brings in networks and network science? One of IUNI’s core missions is to assist and facilitate collaborative, interdisciplinary research on network science across the IU community. We have a range of services that can help you and your project get funded and done, from proposal development, to specialized IT support, to access to large data resources such as the Web of Science and Twitter streams. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in working with us.
Who we are
The IU Network Science Institute (IUNI) is an intercampus institute dedicated to fostering collaborative and interdisciplinary network science research. We offer several direct services for faculty, including specialized support for proposal development for research and specialized IT services that support tool development and computing or data needs. We have over 150 faculty affiliates in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, informatics, engineering, and medicine, and we are always looking for new research partners. If you are a faculty member interested in affiliating with IUNI, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in touch
Our periodic newsletter shares IUNI news and events as well as job postings and publications of interest to the IUB and IUPUI networks-research community. We don’t like inbox overload, either. Send us this blank email if you’d like to subscribe.
Our low-traffic network science discussion list, IUNI-discussion-l, provides announcements of meetings, conferences, and other general opportunities. To subscribe, send this blank email. For more details about the discussion list, see our website.