The IU Network Science Institute (IUNI) is seeking a database manager (database developer) who will support and collaborate with IUNI’s existing IT team and key stakeholders in the planning, design, programming, testing, implementation, and support of various systems. The database manager/developer:
- Provides experienced design, development, and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance, security, and stability; determines technical feasibility and design solutions related to hardware and software requirements; conducts related planning, programming, data modeling, data flow diagramming, structural design, and testing.
- Delivers and reports on data through the development of stored procedures, triggers, functions, and views; creates database queries, indexes, and writes data load scripts; designs, tunes, and indexes data tables.
- Troubleshoots issues and develops normalized database solutions; reviews monitoring tools and query execution plans to maintain or increase query efficiency; performs root cause analysis on query performance issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all database development projects and/or activities.
- Researches and stays current with database development trends and best practices; recommends database standards, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python or R.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS administration, especially PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL database principals.
- Experience developing ETL pipelines and data documentation.
- Experience reading and developing data management policy documents.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration or experience working in a Linux environment.
- Able to interpret user requests and perform data extraction.
- Experience with distributed computing in Spark and distributed database systems.
- Positive attitude and problem solving mindset.
See the HRMS posting for full details and to apply!