If you are new to creating quizzes in Canvas—or you would like a refresher—you can watch the Canvas in 30: Getting Started with Quizzes video in Kaltura to learn the basics of Canvas quiz making. The video is less than 30 minutes in length and touches on:
- The types of quizzes available in Canvas
- Managing overall settings for a quiz
- Creating automatically-graded question types, including multiple-choice
- Adding automatic feedback to a quiz question
- Moderating a quiz to accommodate students who require additional time and/or attempts
The Getting Started with Quizzes video is from the “Canvas in 30” webinar series co-facilitated by Instructional Technology Consultants from several IU campus teaching and learning centers. You can find the contact information for each IU campus teaching and learning center in the Knowledge Base. Additional “Canvas in 30” videos are available on a range of topics, including Modules and the Gradebook. The “Canvas in 30” videos are listed in the IU Teaching Centers’ Kaltura channel. An IU login is required for accessing Kaltura, so you may be prompted to login before you can access the videos. Each “Canvas in 30” video is fully captioned in English.
For additional help or to discuss creative ways of using Canvas quizzes in your course, contact the CITL.