Hoo, Hoo, Hoo, Hoosiers! We hope you’re settling back into campus life! And as the semester begins, we thought you might appreciate this #TipTuesday from WorkHere!
How to Keep Your Job in a Social [Media] World
- Clean Up Your Social Profiles Before You Start Your Job Search!
- Check yourself on Google
- Check privacy settings
- Remove bad photos, posts, & comments
- Delete abandoned profiles
- Think before you post
- 5 Ways Facebook Can Help You Get a Job:
- Photos of your volunteer activities show you care
- Comments can show how you work with others
- Your profile includes work history and military service
- Sharing about causes you care about shows community involvement
- Complete contact info lets employers find you
- Social: Keeping the Job
- Ask your boss if it is okay to use social
- Don’t say bad thins about your employer, job, or coworkers
WorkHere is a “free mobile and web app that lets you find jobs where you want to work.” They’re a great company with incredible resources. Learn more about them here.