Please implement the following accessibility guidelines on your IU Blog site. Share these guidelines with your content editors and contributors.
- Use the “Paste as Text” button when copying from other applications like Microsoft Word. “Past as Text” removes unwanted formatting and HTML elements. This button is among the menu buttons of the text editor for every post and page.
- Always use alternative text (alt text) even if there is a caption.
- Always use alternative text (alt text) on iframes and when wrapping an image with a link.
- Do not remove the underline from links. Links without an underline are not clearly identifiable.
- Do not change the color of text from the default. Text with lighter colors does not meet color contrast requirements.
- Do not wrap an image with a heading.
- Tables must be accessible. For more information, see https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/tables/.
- Do not use HTML tables to organize content or justify images. Use the built-in layout and editing tools provided by WordPress.
Do you no longer want your IU Blog site? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your site’s removal.