All spring semester meetings start at 1:30 pm in DW 1001.
- Call to order.
- Approval of minutes for February and March.
- Chancellor Allison’s remarks. The Chancellor has requested an opportunity to speak for about ten minutes on strengthening shared governance.
- Floor will be opened for nominations for Vice President of the Senate for next year, due to a resignation. The Executive Committee brings the nomination of Vincci Kwong. Election will be held at the close of nominations.
- General Education. Voting to formally establish the position of Director of General Education, in hopes that Academic Affairs can call for applications almost immediately, with a goal of having the new director in place as soon as July 1. Due to a change of plans in Academic Affairs, a new draft is not yet available. In light of section V.3.A.3 of the Constitution, we have before us the proposal from the March meeting, then, and a vote: For the establishment of a new position of Director of General Education, to be held by a member of the faculty, with revisions to the General Education Task Force’s March position description to be carried out by Academic Affairs and the Executive Committee working in consultation with the Senate’s General Education Committee.
- General Education Task Force. The Task Force has requested about ten minutes to review the work they have carried out over the last two years and their plans for completing the work in the fall semester.*
- Athletics Committee. Women’s soccer.
- Childcare center update.
- Moving the Senate’s Constitution online, continued. The new section of constitutional updates will be briefly presented, leading to a vote in September.
- PTR Committee on their new proposed guidelines.
- Carnegie Initiative. Internship stipends, a process for designating community-engaged courses, and the Bender Joy of Teaching series.
- Standing committees of the Senate for 2018-19–nominations as of April 19, 2018.
- President’s report: Timeline for the Chancellor search and call for nominations for the search committee.
- Motion to adjourn.
*To be explicit: there will be no extended discussion of particular elements of the general education proposals that are now on the table–the Task Force has asked for this agenda item instead.