The PTR Committee will bring this document for discussion on Friday during the Senate meeting.
Senate PTR Committee Recommended Reappointment Dossier Guidelines
The Faculty Senate PTR Committee is composed of faculty from various academic units on the IUSB campus; efforts are taken to represent as many units as possible on the Committee. The Faculty Senate PTR Committee decides reappointment cases regarding faculty from all of the academic units on the IUSB campus. Most of the academic units have very detailed guidelines on the content and number of tenure and promotion dossiers. However, a wide variation exists across academic units on the minimum recommended content and number of reappointment dossiers. In addition, Academic Affairs recently specified that they require only one reappointment dossier. The Faculty Senate PTR Committee believes that uniform minimum documentation in reappointment dossiers would enable the faculty in the various academic units to better represent themselves.
Therefore, the Senate PTR committee recommends the following minimum documentation to be included in reappointment dossiers.
- For reappointments, a single hard copy of the dossier is required.
- A current Curriculum Vita.
- The latest available annual report – The Senate PTR Committee reviews the dossiers while the current annual reports are being prepared. Thus, the latest available annual report would generally be the one from the prior year.
- The Dean and/or Chair’s evaluation of the latest available annual report.
- Recommendations from all previous levels of review, using the standard reappointment form.
- In case of a recommendation with reservations or a recommendation against reappointment at any level of review, include all previous reappointment forms and all previous annual evaluations.
- These are the minimum documents recommended for the dossier; additional information might also be included.