As finals week begins, stress levels rise to an all-time high while time to relieve that stress is at an all-time low. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could simultaneously study and ease tension without losing precious time?
This week, the IMU Wellness Center will offer stress-reducing scents in its Zen Room. Visit room M005, breathe in, and prepare for finals with the help of some aromatherapy and relaxing music. Our essential oil “serenity” scent is a warming, floral blend of lavender, chamomile, and Hawaiian sandalwood, proven to reduce tension and calm emotions.
Looking for other ways to relax? Try these!
- Laugh: Take a few minutes to watch a funny YouTube video, listen to a comedy podcast, or watch one (and we mean ONE) episode of a show that makes you laugh.
- Exercise: You might roll your eyes because of how often you hear this one, but it WORKS! Get up and take a walk around the library, schedule time into your finals week game plan for the gym, or dance to some iPhone tunes when you start to lose focus–the options are endless!
- Stretch: Stretching promotes circulation and increases blood flow to the brain and muscles.
- Think positive: No one ever got anywhere by saying “I can’t.” Write positive notes on post-its and stick them on your mirror, or change your phone’s home screen to an inspiring message.
- Sleep: We know time is precious, but your time will be much better spent if you get some sleep. Any sleep is better than no sleep!
- Color: Put a few coloring pages in your backpack! Coloring can help you focus and relax!
Struggling with finals mid-week? Join in our Web Wednesday Finals Prep workshop, wherever you’re at! Just log on to iu.zoom.us or download the Zoom cloud meetings app on your phone. Enter the ID 541-962-473 to get started!