Vice President for Engagement Bill Stephan represented Indiana University during Gen. David Goldfein‘s visit to Naval Support Activity Crane on Jan. 8. General Goldfein is chief of staff of the Air Force and a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Stephan spoke about IU’s long-standing partnership with Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division during the visit. There are several connections between the two, including:
- 14 Cooperative Research and Development Agreements and three other active formal agreements exist.
- Five Crane personnel have temporary faculty appointments at IU campuses.
- Nine Crane personnel are Ph.D. candidates.
- Almost 40 Crane personnel are working toward their master’s degree in public affairs or electrical engineering.
- 24 IU Bloomington and IUPUI students are interns at Crane.
- Five direct research collaborations are ongoing.
- Two Naval Engineering Educational Consortium contracts are being executed.
A news release about Goldfein’s visit to Crane — hosted by U.S. senators Joe Donnelly and Todd Young and U.S. Rep Trey Hollingsworth — is available online.