2016 was a strong year in technology commercialization and economic development at Indiana University Research and Technology Corp., according to a report by IURTC CEO Tony Armstrong to the Indiana University Board of Trustees last week.
Some highlights from the past year include:
- Licenses: 46, up 84 percent from 25 in FY 2015
- Licensing revenue: $7.03 million, up 3 percent from $6.85 million in FY 2015
- U.S. patent applications: 184, up 13 percent from 162 in FY 2015
- U.S. patents issued: 53, up 32 percent from 40 in FY 2015
- Total active patent portfolio licensed: 66 percent, up from 64 percent in FY 2015
An article with complete coverage of Armstrong’s report is available here.
Congratulations to everyone associated with Indiana University Research and Technology Corp. on a terrific 2016! We look forward to sharing the stories of even more great work in 2017!